Thursday, January 26, 2012

Defrag

How many of you know what it is to defrag?  In simple and non-technical English; it is a computer term meaning to recover bits/bytes and assorted other pieces of data into one compacted stream of memory.  Within the world of 0's and 1's, the computer memory frequently gets overly fragmented, and leaves behind all these random bits/bytes of unused and non-compressed memory, and in an effort to speed up the processing, the hard drives on computers need to be periodically defragged.

Well, I need to defrag my brain.  It's full of all this superfluous crap that is keeping the rest of my brain from processing properly.  I've got all these decades of trivia, and other valuable pearls of wisdom all stored and fragmented amid other thoughts that are just running loose. 

A woman is always swimming in the river thinking and processing 112 things at once.  Women in the purest sense are the perfect definition for adroitness as they are able to process it all so effortlessly.  A man can only handle one (1) thing at a time though.  Call me retarded, I don't care.  All men are retards then, as none of us can handle more than one (1) thing at a time.

How else can I explain what is going on in this brain of mine?  As I joked with a friend recently; Ginkgo does not work, at least I don't remember it working . . .

What causes my brain to get me out of my office chair, walk to my car to pick up a Discover card (which I needed to do), but walk back to my office chair with my sunglasses instead?  Only to realize after I have sat back down "what in the heck?!, where is the Discover card?!"

Or, to be in the back office next to the fax machine, realize that the pen is not where it is supposed to be, walk to the kitchen to pick it up where I left it, only to return to the fax machine with a bottle of water from the refrigerator ~ and NO pen!

Or, to be at the intersection of 71st and Memorial, only 200 yards from my left turn into Gold's Gym, but suddenly have to take a phone call and I just keep on driving north without one moment of thought to the fact that I just missed my turn into Gold's Gym until I'm a full mile north of where I was supposed to have turned!

This is the same brain that has the virtual aplomb to calculate in my head using Pi, an enclosed circle, a square box, and tell you what the area size of the two are if I know the base measurements!

I can NOT explain it.  Examples of 'brain farts' like this happen multiple times a week, and they are frustrating.  My brain so quickly loses focus these years with no short term memory storage that it's no wonder old people get made fun of all the time.  I probably did it too when I was younger.  But now that I have reached middle age (I'm living till 107), I realize that this getting older stuff is real, and really does suck.  Not only my brain, but it's my joints, my muscles, and my inability to sleep. 

So, where is the button on my body to push "defrag"?, as my system desperately needs a reboot too . . .  HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment