Monday, February 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Ava!




My monster; my Ava Corinne Franco turns 6 years old today.  Happy Birthday Ava!  I love you!
Ava, age 6, (not 16) has become a Bieber fan.  My gosh, this little girl gushes whenever Bieber is around, be it TV, a movie, a poster, a lunch box decal . . .

She’s not abandoned the glamour and glitz of Taylor Swift, as she still idolizes her too.  (They are pretty much the only two acts on her CD; Justin & Taylor).
When I was 6, I still ate worms.  I was riding a tricycle.  I was learning to walk, talk, and chew gum at the same time (remember, I was a slow learner).  Actually, now that I think of it, I still can’t walk, talk, and chew gum at the same time . . .

But 6?  Really, can she only be 6?  She's lost 9 teeth, when some tikes have yet to lose their 1st!  This little brainiac girl is eons ahead of others physically, emotionally, and spiritually.  The sounds of her Christmas meal prayer still reverberate in my ears, as she spoke with more eloquence, intelligence, and heart-felt sincerity than most 40 year old adults speak with.
And her sense of fashion!? Wow, how can that be?  She knows about ear rings, necklaces, and how to put together a fashion-forward ensem that most 14 year old girls would swoon over.

I’ve had the pleasure of dining with her at lunch a few times this school year.  She owns the lunch room, she owns the teachers, and she sure as heck owns the playground.  Everyone knows Ava, or wants to know Ava.  I was invisible, other than to the line of kids at the monkey bars that wanted me to help them across after they saw me do the same for Ava.  The way she commands attention, or commands an audience, or shows her natural leadership traits is astonishing.

Wow, she blows me away, and has since she was born.  I so look forward to seeing what she does with her life.  What will she be???  What will she do???  No doubt that God gave her a special set of skills.

I love you Ava.  Happy Birthday!  - Pappy

No comments:

Post a Comment