Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Dissed!


This is Owen Michael, the youngest of my grandchildren.  Officially, he is 3.5, though he is taller than any member of the family was when measured on the various time lines at Christmas, even taller than Eli the then 4.5 year old, and at O'Mike's 3 year check up, he was as tall as 5 year olds.  This 'little' boy is a tall one, and NO ONE that we come in contact with believes us that he is just 3 when they ask.

Anyway, on New Year's Eve, Nini and I went over to J&S for an afternoon with the boys, dinner, and we lasted till about 8'ish before heading home.  It was an incredibly fun day of footballs, games, basketballs, games, kickballs, games, footballs, hidengoseek, basketballs, food, soccer balls, bowling balls, ping pong balls, nerf balls, golf balls, bigfoot, balloon balls, etc.  These little boys live for balls...

And, for their Daddy's iPad.

This picture of O'Mike is after he had ripped the iPad out of my hand, grabbed his blanket, and huffed off to the end of the couch.  I had just been officially dissed by a 3 year old.  Ouch.

O'Mike the brainiac asked me if I wanted to play a game with him on the iPad.  It is amazing to watch him (as a southpaw) download games, pay for games, load/adjust volume/adjust contrast, and position his body for maximum hand movement.

I think the name of the game that he downloaded for us is called Subway Slut, or Train Tramp, or something of that nature.  (I thought this iPad had parental controls, but if it does, O'Mike has hacked the password.  But wait, now that I think of it; it is Steven's iPad; hmmm.)

I told him sure I'd play with him, so he cuddles up in my lap and tells me that he will go first to show me how to play it.  He shows me quite adroitly over the next 4-5 games, and it doesn't look too complicated, so I ask for a turn.  He gets a little huffy, but relinquishes control, albeit temporarily, so that Pappy can try to help the pretty 14 year old girl with the ample C cups jump from track to track while trying to outrun the fat man.  Or at least that's what I think she was trying to do...

So, after 2 quick attempts of trying to help the girl (covering 11 seconds of screen time); Owen, showing the patience of Job, pulls the iPad out of my hands, and storms off in a huff saying "That's NOT how you do it Pappy!"

Well, excuse me GameBoy, but my skills can't get honed in 11 seconds like yours can ;-)

Yep, I'd just been officially dissed by a 3 year old...

No comments:

Post a Comment