Sunday, January 24, 2016

Barbie's & Johnny Depp






Being a daughter Daddy, I was never ashamed to do girlie things (and still am not as a Pappy), as I was never too macho to not let my daughter's cry in my arms, or see them in their bra, or provide natural intimidation with idiot teenage boys who were hanging around too long.  (I know I will be the same way with these 2 near-perfect granddaughters :-).)

I was definitely always willing to wear pink.  Hot pink is actually one of my favorite colors, and though the shirt is worn out and not yet replaced; I used to wear this incredible hot pink dress shirt, and get compliments (and questions) each time I wore it.

As a daughter Daddy, we watched Troop Beverly Hills so many times that I knew the lines almost as well as Christmas Vacation.  And we never missed an episode of Full House; though it was one of the most poorly acted shows ever produced for TV.  Plus, we never missed an episode of the Cosby Show, which was definitely funnier when the Cosby's kids were young.  The show grew long in the tooth though with the stupid teen stories and the even worse teen actors.  Oh the pain.

I am comfortable in my manhood, and if that means wearing pink, loving little girls, and playing Barbie's with them; then so be it. 

A few weeks ago, Pam was away one evening, and so I invited myself over to dinner at Angela's house, which brought me the added bonus of being able to arrive early and play Barbie with my granddaughters. (I was channeling my inner Johnny Depp, who, before he went all super-duper-stupid and left his wife and daughters for a younger prettier plaything, he used to escape into the land of Barbie with his daughters to handle the stress of his life.)  It really does reduce the stress; so he should have played with them more frequently; because then perhaps he wouldn't have been sidetracked with his little miss flavor of the month.

The top picture are the two Barbies that I dressed over a 40 minute time frame. This was high fashion time, let me tell you. The girls picked the outfits for me, and made sure that the accessories matched. They gave me the shoes, the purses, the jewelry, the hair ties, etc.  They even provided me with a comb so that I could brush the hair to make it look better.  It took quite the effort of outfit selection for each model to be exactly right from head to toe. And, my girls knew it!  They may only be 7 & 10, but they are 100% girlie-girl, and they know fashion!

The playhouse was a Christmas gift, and wow! is it ever a palace.  I loved listening to the girls talk to each other in Barbie language as they moved from room to room.

I love you girls.  Thanks for letting me crash your party.  It was so much fun!

I am a blessed man :-).

P.S. While dressing these Barbie's, it dawned on me that these long slender shapely legs looked like a popular woman's legs seen frequently on Sunday Night Football and from singing in close to a 100 music videos.  Yep, these are Carrie's legs.  The Barbie company must have hired Carrie as their leg model.

No comments:

Post a Comment