Friday, October 28, 2011

Ava Corinne


Ava Corinne (5.75, will be 6 on Feb. 6), a.k.a. “Monster” is phonetically the most advanced, and always has been, as she was speaking words clearly to me and the amigo’s at 14 months, and carrying on intelligible conversations by age 2. 

Ava’s outgoing type A personality (and the volume of her voice) is one for the ages.  Using an inside voice merely means using a volume just a tad lower than shouting.  Ava literally does not know a stranger, does not know that she is not quite 6; and she is one of the most obedient, polite, and driven little girls that I have ever known.

Ava was pegged a ‘Monster’ by her Aunt Jackie at a very early age; as Ava’s behavior at the time, was, well, like a monster.  But for me, she has always been little miss perfect; seriously, ask anyone, she really is.  I just love the nickname Monster, so now I call her that as a term of affection. 
Stories that will be told about her travel adventures with Pappy are legendary.  From the “I’ll keep my hands in my pockets Pappy”, to “I have an idea”, to “Is ice cream a snack?”, to “Pappy, can I tell her what I want to eat?" (to order at Sonic); the memories of my travels with Ava are priceless.
I’ll blog about more of those stories specifically in later posts.  But, here is an example of an early one: While sitting on the ledge of the local QT, having her morning coffee while watching others get their coffee, this was a typical exchange with a complete stranger, I think first recorded when she was maybe 2½, certainly not much older than that, if at all.  “Hi, my name is Ava, what is your name?  Do you like coffee?  I like coffee.  What kind of coffee do you like?  This is my Pappy; he’s getting me a donut too.  We’re getting ready to go see Jose working.  I like going places with my Pappy.  Do you like donuts?  I like the purple donut the best.  What is your little girl’s name?  She is cute.  Does she like coffee too?  Why do you smell like smoke?  It’s not good to smoke.  Do you like my outfit?  My Pappy says I’m pretty.  Do you think I’m pretty?”
Also especially precious is the memory of her acting out as a Hollywood actress exiting from her limo for Jose, when she was barely 3!  Ava is our resident drama queen.  We have yet to find out if she will win a daytime Emmy, or go all the way for an Oscar.  Since daytime soaps are ending their runs though, we might not get to see Ava cry on cue during a daytime TV show; but will have to wait instead until they have a casting call for the remake of Steel Magnolia’s.
Ava’s looks are that of a classic southern Italian beauty (sans the dark skin); with gorgeous and huge dark brown eyes, long flowing dark hair, and a smile that will melt your heart.  Ava is going to be a heartbreaker for many young men in her future, just like her sister will be.
Some of my most fond and cherished times are when she goes out to eat with me.  Since she was a baby, she has loved her food.  Being Italian, ‘noodles’ are one of her favorite meals, though she can out eat me when it comes to Pizza.  And as mentioned earlier, the QT donuts will always be on her list of ‘must have’ foods.  Watching Ava eat warms your spirit, because you see someone truly enjoying one of life’s greatest pleasures.
Ava is very giving, generous, and appreciative.  She learned early in life how to manipulate a situation for her benefit, but she is anything but selfish.  She is quite the giver.  And when I see her line up her peanut M&M’s by color groups before consuming those miniature culinary treasures; I know she’s got part of me in her!  Actually, if you’re keeping track, she’s got 25% of my DNA, though certainly none of it is with her looks.  I love you Ava Corinne.     

No comments:

Post a Comment