Saturday, May 12, 2012

Pam, Jackie, Angela

An early Happy Mother's Day to Pam, Jackie, and Angela, and a big "we miss you" to Nanny.

Nanny (the world's best mother in law) truly loved me as her son.  In return, I loved her dearly, and miss her frequently. I think about her most at Mother's Day, at Christmas, and on her Birthday. She was a single Mom provider for many years of her young life, and though many of Pam's stories are sad, there could not have been a higher amount of love and respect provided to Nanny than from her daughter Pam.  To this day, that love and devotion that Pam showed to her Mom is clear and visibly evident in how she provides and loves our own daughters, and their children.  I love you Nanny, Happy Mother's Day, and I look forward to seeing you and Papaw in 52 more years.  Might seem like a long wait, but it's a vapor.

For Pam, my wife, my friend, my life. Wow, how can I say I love you any other way but in another language, so here goes.  Because of your Czech heritage, this is how you say it in Czech: "Pam, miluji tě celým srdcem.  Máš moji lásku, podporu a oddanosti. Možná jsem "Leader", ale vždycky jsem si " řídit " ti, ať jste kdekoliv.  What I just said was "Pam, I love you with all my heart. You have my total love, support, and devotion.  I may be a "leader", but I will always "follow" you, wherever you go.

For Jackie, my Boogie, my daughter.  Happy Mother's Day, I love you "with all my heart".  Will Parker is going to have women beating down his door asking him to marry them.  What a sweet, precious, and nearly perfect little boy you have been blessed with.  Owen Michael though is going to have to find a woman as perfect as your Mom.  Yes, he will charm them, but only the bravest of the brave will be able to withstand his bravado, his booming bass voice, and his intensity, (hmmm, most of that sounds like me . . .)

For Angela, my favorite black-headed daughter, Happy Mother's Day, I love you "with all my heart".  Ava Corinne is a maestro of emotion, and as sweet of a tender-hearted little dynamo of compassion that has ever taken a breath.  Wow, what this girl is going to do in life will be exciting to watch.  Emma Jo will just need a bed.  She's going to be so much easier to please if just allowed to sleep.  I love it when her tiny 4th generation long slender fingers hold my hand, and when she puts that little 4th generation peanut head into my face for a kiss.  

I love you girls, and I love watching you both love and raise your sons and daughters.  You are doing a great job.  I am as proud a Dad, and a Pappy as there can possibly be.    

No comments:

Post a Comment