Monday, May 28, 2012

Words & Numbers

Just the title is exciting enough to tune most of you out, but I can't help that the two are now inseparably linked by the massively addictive game called "Words With Friends". 

Every word is a number, and every game is about words and numbers, and playing them in order, or layered, and with the offensive strategy to maximize the word and number possibilities that you intend to play with your next word.  Sometimes your partner will block you or also know what letters you more than likely have to play after you've made your last play while you plot your numbers while waiting for them to play again. If you love words, and you love numbers, this game is for you. 

And if you know me, you know I love numbers.  The last 24 of 25 games have been wins, with the loss coming by 13 points, and the average score being 427.  Some of the wins have been such a pinnacle, that it continues to drive me for more. A 499, then 501, then 506, then 513, all with 3x word bonus' in each game, with the bonus' being of great assistance in coming back from being down 140 in one game, and down 147 in the other. Then, today, a new high of 553, with a first time ever 4x word bonus' in the game! Woohoo (never been able to play that word).

During the 553 game, my partner and I set a new high of 901 total points between the two of us! Our previous high total had been 831.  Now I need to know, is 1,000 total a possibility?

It's a great way to learn new words; these are some new ones that I remember being played on me: Asquint, Eolith, Xis, Suq, Bogan, Hinters, Winoes, and Druid.  Good to know words, but not ones that occur in conversations very frequently.

So, where is the apex? Is 600 a possibility?  I never thought I'd make it to 550.  Do you play the game? Have you achieved 600, 700?  Are there other bonus' available that have not been revealed?

I better dust off my Thesaurus, this is getting serious! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment