Thursday, May 23, 2013

Bowling: Mr. 300 Steven Kueny - This One Is For You

This will be my last bowling blog unless I roll a 300 or a 700 series (neither of which I have ever done!), as I know most of you are bored to tears with bowling.

But, I have to give credit where credit is due.  Remember the 72 year old man I wrote about last week with the 238 average.  Well, I was wrong.  He actually had a 735 series for a 245 average!  Wow.

Today, we bowled next to him...

He opened with a 248.

He followed it with a 279.  One of the fellow geezers was whispering under their breath that they hoped he rolled a 300, as he had been stuck on 99 300's for some time, and he thought it would be neat to see his 100th 300 game.  Can you imagine?  99 300 games.  Amazing.

He finished with a mortal 193, for an average this week of 240.  2 weeks, average 242.5 (rounded up to 243).  Yeah, this guy knows how to roll . . .

~

So, how did I do in week 2 after a 34 year hiatus?  Well, my highlight was one game with 7 strikes in a row, a 3 game series of 561 (avg. of 187) which raised my 2 week season average to a respectable 175.  I'm happy.  180 is still my goal, but it's fun, and I'm having something to do on Thursday afternoons other than work!

I've heard all about muscle memory, and it still works.  Hit the right arrow mark, and most of the time a strike will happen.

It's those dastardly splits that have always eaten my lunch if you come in a little high, and they did again today . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment