Sunday, March 2, 2014

Wounded Warriors: Please Share

Personal note to my readers: I know from the 100's and sometimes 1000's of page reads that my blogs receive that there are a lot of people out there that can share my blogs.  I've only asked a few times before; but please, please share this blog.

Someone else needs to read it.

~

For the sacrifices they make, for the thankless jobs they have, for the difficulties that their position demands, and for their willingness to do what most of us aren't willing to do; I have always thought the following occupations were/are woefully underpaid:

Policemen. 

Highway Patrol Troopers.

Firemen.

Nurses.

Teachers.

Military Soldiers.

My circle of influence touches every one of these occupations, meaning I have friends, family, close acquaintances, and many customers from each of these 'walks of life".  I don't pray for them enough, but I am committing to do more.  I don't encourage them enough, but I am committing to do more.

Of all these occupations, my greatest respect has been for our military soldiers. What they do for me as a citizen of the USA; even if they disagree with the mission, they do it with: Honor. Code. Sacrifice.

It gives me tremendous pride to see one of our military soldiers in uniform.

Last weekend, I went to see the movie "Lone Survivor".

It was a great movie, a profoundly sad movie, and to be able to set through the end of the movie credits where they show the actual pictures of the 19 dead hero's, along with the wives, children, and new born babies that they left behind.  Well; it ripped my heart out.

And that very moment, I committed to do more.  Today, I joined The Wounded Warrior Project as a monthly supporter.  What a great cause, a great program, and 100% legitimate.  I encourage you to check out the link.  And if you haven't seen the movie; wow, be prepared.  It might change your life too like it did mine.

Here is the link:
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I've always said that I am a blessed man.  I believe it now more than ever.

- Pappy

No comments:

Post a Comment