Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A Special 37th Anniversary Tribute


I know, I've used this picture before!  (Last year I think when I was blogging about guns and grandkids).  But hey!, it's my blog, and she's my wife; so I can do what I want :-). 

Besides, if you don't think that she is the most gorgeous thing that you have ever seen (other than your own wife if applicable), then send an e-mail to:  Mike@I.Dont.Give.A.Rip.com

~

Happy 37th Wedding Anniversary to my loving wife Pamela Jean!  I love you sweetheart!

This is one of my all-time favorite photo's of you.  I don't know if it is the power of the gun against the femininity of the hot pink, or the total sexiness of your hair, or the perfect smile, or just the fact that I know you are all mine.  Yes, I have to share you with two incredible daughters, and six equally incredible grand children; but wow, when I have you alone all to myself, there is nothing better in this life for me. 

As WP would say "it no matter."  My 'one on one' time with you is priceless, and I can't believe that we have been 'empty nesters' for almost 15 years now.  Whether my time with you is spent on one of our many travel vacations or frequent weekend getaways, or something as simple as daily watching a movie upstairs, or sharing a tea from QT as we tool around town in the Vette, or cooking a meal together for dinner; there is nothing else that I would prefer doing than being with you.

And of course, stealing a glance (or a few seconds of oogling) while watching you walk in front of me, anywhere, anytime, is an all-time favorite activity, even more so than watching baseball, and you know how much I love to watch baseball.  I love to watch you walk.  Besides, how else will I know how great you look in those jeans?!  I oogle at two things; you, and Corvettes.

Thankfully, I'm not one of those guys that only tells his wife or shows his wife how much he loves her on her birthday, on Valentine's Day, and on their wedding anniversary.  Nope, as you call me, I am Mr. Extreme; I am on the other end of the scale.  I do it 12x a day, every day of the year.  So much so that you get tired of saying thank you, and even on your self-professed 'bad days', you laugh at me and tell me no way.

I love to kiss, to touch, and to hold.  Not only my wife, but my daughters, my grandchildren, and all those 100's and 100's of babies from working in the newborn church nursery for 15 years.  It is part of my love language.  It is part of being Mr. Extreme.  It is who I am. 

I love hearing my wife's voice on the telephone.  I love to make her favorite grilled Ribeye steak dinner (and make sure the fat edge is charred just right).  I even enjoy helping her fold the laundry.

I can not imagine why any man would want to trade-down to get a new trophy wife.  My trophy wife gets better with age, my love for her grows more each year, and the glow of my wife's love proves again and again that she is absolutely the best (and only) trophy wife that I will ever have.  I do wish however that this grueling menopause thing would hurry up and be over with so that I don't have to guess anymore which version of my wife is going to be waking up today...

I Love You Pamela Jean.  37 years.  13,514 days (counting 9 leap days).  Not nearly enough time.  So glad that I've got all eternity to enjoy with you!

Even though we dated for the later part of '76 when this song was a hit, and we both liked "Still The One"; I wouldn't actually say that we knew it was 'our song' until many years later.  And now when I hear it on the radio, it gives me butterflies thinking of you.  I love you so much. 

Click on the link below if you want to read the lyrics (I could have written them myself) or listen to the song.

I am a blessed man.  Thank you for saying yes.  Thank you for helping to build a legacy, and to forge a heritage with our family.  59 years for my parents, 37 for us, 14 for Jackie, and 8 for Angela.  Wow.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/orleans/stilltheone.html

No comments:

Post a Comment