Sunday, July 6, 2014

My Mom & Dad




My Mom and Dad were able to drive down this Friday for our 4th of July celebration.  I am blessed and thankful that they are both still alive and in good health.  Dad will be 83 in October, and Mom just turned 79.  Next month will be their 59th wedding anniversary.

Though these pics aren't as sharp as from a Droid; they were taken with an iPhone (I own a Droid), and I question the pixel rate used by Apple.  In any case, they do show the great smiles which we all share, (not pictured is Jackie, whom shares our equally great smile too).

It was a long, fun, and exhausting day.  Started at 8:30 the night of July 3rd with marinating the meat, and hosting Owen & Emma for a sleepover (more on that later).

July 4th had the water slide going, new yard toys, the bikes, the balls, the food, and the fireworks.

About 11:30 that night, Nini and I collapsed in bed after showering off a day of sweat and smoke, and I personally was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

I love family days like that.  And it makes it extra special for me when my parents are able to enjoy it too.  They flew the coop about 7:30, but they had still been here for everything except the fireworks.

Great memories.  I am a blessed man.


No comments:

Post a Comment