Monday, September 8, 2014

Me & My Girls

 
Last Monday, I was able to enjoy about 1/2 a day with my two of my favorite g'girls.  The quickest way to their heart is through their stomach.  Boy, these girls can eat; and they come by that trait naturally, as the stories about their Pappy Fournier's appetite are legendary.  Here we are at Panda enjoying their favorite choice or orange chicken, noodles, egg rolls, and cookies. 
 
Rumor has it that their Pappy used to be able to eat an entire large pizza just by himself (true, but it was thin crust and half a large is almost max nowadays), or 15 taco's in a single serving (true too), or routinely ate a Pieces of 8 (8 pieces of fried fish, uh true again), or entire slabs of ribs (yes, but they were baby backs), or can still go to the KFC buffet and eat 15 pieces of chicken (yes, but 10 of those are wings).  That's enough, you get the idea . . .
 
I must have a higher than normal metabolism, or you might see me on the biggest loser tipping the scales at 488.  I've always been a big eater, going all the way back to by teens.  My brothers are too; goodness, their plates of food at the holidays are enough to feed a normal family of four.

 
Spaz is very quiet and reserved. She had a sudden boldness come over her (her words were "If Owen can do this, I can too."), as she needed a set of chopsticks, and I told her to go ask the lady.

 
Who knew that Lowe's sold designer duct tape?  I certainly didn't.  But, leave it to my girls to find out, and request purchase of said rolls.  Yep, of course, I said yes.

 
Emma enjoying a snack of donut holes after our grueling 20 minute excursion to Lowe's.

 
Ava chose the frozen lemonade.

 
It was Sept. 1st, and the first official day of Christmas shopping season, and Monster found some things she wanted.  For these though, Paps did say no.

 
I didn't say no though to her request to hit the sample carts, which were in full force last week.  This sample was a piece of cake, and the girls also had samples of Italian sausage pot pie, and something else that was fried.  I passed on all the samples.  I know my limit ...
 
This concluded their one-on-one time with Pappy, and we then headed to "Nini's house", where I lease out space to keep an office, a bed, a gym, a chair upstairs, and a few drawers of clothes.  But, the rest of the house is definitely Nini's. 
 
In a matter of 17 seconds, Spaz went from truck, to Nini hug, to emptying out the play closet.
 
Monster was a tad slower, as I think she was hungry and wanted a snack before proceeding.
 
And for dinner that night, we had smoked Pork Chops; um, they were delicious!
 
I love you girls!
 
I am a blessed man.   

No comments:

Post a Comment