Sunday, July 19, 2015

A Flat Tire Like No Other


So, how does the round end of a set of pliers end up being able to puncture my heavy duty 10 ply tire?  Good question right?  I have no idea.  Pretty bizarre accident. 

All I know is that the tire was flat within seconds as I pulled into a nearby QT to wait for AAA.  Then, 2.5 hours later (1 hour for them to arrive, and 1.5 hours for the tow driver to change the tire), we were back on our way.  Changing a tire on this BAT is a complicated process; one that I didn't want to tackle myself.

I never saw the set of pliers on the road.  My eyes are usually focused on the speed limit signs, on the texters in my lane about to hit me, on the red light runners at 100% of Tulsa intersections, and on the potholes in the roads the size of a Fiat.

Everyone that saw the tire said the same thing "I've never seen anything like that before!"

While at QT, an Einstein suddenly stopped his car, and opened his window to ask "Hey mister, do you know you have a flat tire?"  Uh yes, Alfred, matter of fact I do!, but thanks for pointing out the obvious. What was the dead giveaway? The truck bed open? The caution sign out? The tools and tire jack around the tire? Or, was it the actual "look" of the tire?  All I could do was laugh and shake my head at the brilliance of this man.

Fun way to waste a Saturday morning.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment