Thursday, December 24, 2015

Best Books of 2015


 
















My total blog count this year was almost double that of any previous year for the 7 total months of '15 blogging activity; and thus, my total 'read' book count dropped to only a few dozen.

That is compared to the normal 4 to 8 dozen books a year that I usually read.  Since there is only so much sleep that I can give up, it is obvious that I am swapping a lot of time reading for time writing instead.  Oh well, I love doing both.

My top 7 books for '15 are: 

1)  You Can't Make This Up, by Al Michaels.  This is his autobiography, and I LOVED this book.  It is fast, funny, and full of factoids.  He is as great a writer as he is a broadcaster.  

2)  Living Beyond The Limits, by Franklin Graham.  So true, so factual, so good.

3)  Revelation Revealed, by Tim LaHaye.  Scary good, powerful.  A great read.

4)  Heroes Proved, by Oliver North.  I love his books; every one of them.  He is one of my favorite writers.  This is great fiction that immerses you in the story.

5)  Killing Lincoln, by Bill O' Reilly.  Historically, one of the most interesting books that I have ever read.  But, it is depressing.  Extremely well written.

6)  Johnny Carson, by Henry Bushkin.  This is a historically accurate retelling of Johnny's story by his best friend.  Frequently funny, exceptionally well paced; but sad.

7)  Adios, by Ann Coulter.  Having blogged about this book already, I will not repeat my words of caution.

Were any of these your favorites too?

And into '16 we head.  My inventory of books already purchased for '16 totals 20, and with about $100 of B&N gift cards still needing to be redeemed; it looks like '16 will get me back to the normal 50+ books.  At least I hope so.

See you next year :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment