Monday, December 21, 2015

O Holy Night

Jesus Christ, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, to be the Savior of the world.  You, and only You, are the meaning of Peace. 

~


O Holy Night is my favorite Christmas song, (sung by Martina McBride); and it leaves me with shivers every time I hear the song; no matter who sings it, but Martina is my favorite.



And THE staple is Handel's "Hallelujah Chorus" from 1741.  I love it almost as much as O Holy Night.  Unfortunately for today's generation, it is lost in many of today's modern church Christmas programs.  If it is not sung at your Christmas program; what a shame.  It's not been sung at my church for a long time, and what a treasure is being missed each year.

There is nothing more glorious than the Hallelujah Chorus.

This magnificent version is sung by the Royal Choral Society; which has sung it every year since 1878.


Merry Christmas Jesus.

Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment