Friday, February 8, 2013

Babies & Birthdays

So I was sitting alone the other morning pondering the perplexity of why so few people are born in February; other than in our family when we celebrate Ava on Feb. 6, and Angela her Mom on Feb. 10; as I have not known many others with February birthdays.  And, if you know me at all, you know that I love trivia, so with my inquiring mind, and with my curiosity completely piqued, I set out to find out the reason(s).

My sources for these facts came from DailyMail.com, FunTrivia.com, and WierdFacts.com, and what I found was quite interesting; at least to me, and definitely satisfied my curiosity.

World wide, February has the least number of births of any month.  No wonder I don't know many others with February birthdays.

In the United States, more babies are conceived on Dec. 31st than any other day of the year, and Oct. 5th is the date with the most births.  Guess that explains what happens when you mix millions of gallons of alcohol with young adults on New Year's Eve..., and it also explains why I know more people with birthdays in October than any other month.

However, in England, more babies are conceived on Dec. 11th than any other day of the year, and Sept. 16th is their date with the most births.

But, world wide, more babies are conceived on Nov. 6th than any other day of the year, and Aug. 4th is the world wide date with the most births.

Also, world wide, August is the month with more total births than any other month of the year.

Sadly, in 2011, just in the United States, for the first time ever, more than 40% of U.S. women gave birth unmarried, and we as a country have the dubious distinction for having the highest percentage rate for this of all 'civilized' nations.

And, now you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment