Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happy Birthday Angela!


And Mom exclaimed "that's NOT my baby, that's a black baby!"
 
Thankfully, Nanny and I where there to allay Mom's fears, and to confirm that Angela was indeed hers, and not switched with the black family that wanted a white blond...
 
See, at the time, Mom only thought that babies where white and blond, as she and Jackie had been.  How could it be possible that she would have a daughter with dark skin and black hair (despite the fact that the majority of the contributing family members in the genetic pool had precisely that!)
 
I love this picture because it shows Angela's awesome smile.  Her smile is something that we share, together with our black hair (mine has since flown the coop or turned gray though), and we also share "the captain of the toes" (picture withheld on purpose), and our love for music is nearly exact; though she will rock out to Beiber because of Ava, and I refuse too.
 
We both love to cook.  We both worked in restaurant management.
We both love numbers.  We both love Oprah.  We both love to read.  We both like guy movies.  We both like cats.  We both love to rest and relax.  Hmmm, need to change the station, I see a pattern.
 
Angela is a great Mom, a great wife, a sister in Christ, and above all, she is my favorite black-headed daughter.  I love you Angela Corinne.  I will forever be grateful to call you my daughter.
 
Happy Birthday!  - Dad 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment