Thursday, August 13, 2015

Mornings




I love mornings; especially early mornings; which is something I must have inherited from my Mom.  Pam (my wife) calls it the middle of the night; but I call it early morning.  I normally rise anywhere from 230a to 530a.  Pam is still up most nights till 11p to midnight; but I've usually been asleep for 2 to 2.5 hours by then.  After 8p, I struggle for the last 1 to 1.5 hours to stay awake till bedtime.  She thinks (probably rightfully so) that I will one day be one of those old people that goes to bed at 8p.    

Unless I have been dosed with Benedryl, I am up early of a morning (other than in winter when I tend  to hibernate, and can easily sleep to 7a).  A normal week for me is usually 1 day a week by 3a, 1 day a week by 4a, 3 days a week by 5a, 1 day a week by 6a, and 1 day a week by 7a (the Benedryl day).

This picture was taken at 530a on June 22nd as I was headed to breakfast.  I thought it was a beautiful sunrise.  I have seen lots of beautiful sunrises.

I love to be at QT early of a morning watching the lemmings.  It is enjoyable to watch the routine of some people.  I will never be called a people-person or be gifted with the ability to read people (like Pam can), but morning observation of people at QT is fascinating to me.

I love to leave early on trips.  When my girls were growing up; I wanted to be on the road by 3a, or 4a at the latest if we were driving somewhere on vacation.  Still to this day, if I am leaving for a weekend getaway with Pam, I want to be on the road early.  She is fine with leaving home by Noon; but I want to be at my new destination by Noon!  Unless we are flying somewhere, we usually compromise on the time; and leave by 10a; (which is the middle of the day for me).

I love the solitude of morning.  I can think, pray, concentrate, write; and enjoy life without distractions.  The most productive part of my day is usually before 8a.

Thank you Jesus for the beauty of morning.   

No comments:

Post a Comment