Thursday, May 5, 2016

Emma Jo (Spaz)


This is Emma Jo, my youngest granddaughter.  She told me that she wore boots for this photo because "I like your boots Pappy", and then when I told her how pretty she looked in blue, she said "I wore blue for you Pappy because blue is your favorite color."

With comments like that, how can any Pappy worth his salt not just melt under her spell?

My oh my, my grandchildren know how to steal my heart!  And I love it . . .


As you probably remember, I love to cook; the more fancy and complicated the better.  For the last 2 years though, I have been so overly busy in my life, that I am lucky to cook one fancy meal a month (not counting grilling).

Last Sunday night, we had the girls over for dinner, and Emma Jo took the opportunity to decorate my unused menu board.  Emma loves art, to draw, to color, to be creative.  But, she also loves math (and appears to be great at it), which is a true dichotomy to loving art and creativity as the two of those rarely mix and are in great contrast to each other.

Upon seeing her art board, my 'hart' leapt, and it was time again to lavish multiple kisses upon those precious little lips and cheeks. (Emma Jo loves to kiss me too), and don't you know that that is just pure torture for me . . . :-)

She was laying on the floor coloring, and I made the comment to Nini "she is almost 42", and without missing a beat, Emma Jo said "so she's 41", and I didn't even know she was listening. 

Then later on, she was sitting in my lap and I was teaching her how to play WWF; which is a fun and highly analytical game of letters.  In less than 5 minutes, she had found 10 word combos on the board, and then when she saw this line up in this order:  K U L Y, she said "we only need a C, and we could spell LUCKY", to which I said "Wow Spaz, you saw that! That's great, you are absolutely correct."

I love you  Emma Jo with all of my hart!

I am a blessed man.

No comments:

Post a Comment