Saturday, May 7, 2016

Owen Michael: My Gentle Giant


When most people (including myself) think of a child in kindergarten, they think of a small young child barely out of diapers, and not of a child that can pass as a 3rd grader.

On the left is my precious Owen Michael (aka Caveman, Romeo, Casanova, o'Mike, and now also the Gentle Giant), as he is enjoying his outside field day.  His friend on the right is our typical normal sized kindergartner.


Yesterday, Romeo celebrated with Jackie at their special Mother's Day celebration at school.  Jackie is 5'3" tall.  Kind of odd to see her youngest son just shy of her shoulders, and Jackie is in boots which makes her 5'5" in this picture.


This is one of killer Casanova's many young girl friends.  I forget her name, but at ball games, they are virtually inseparable, and she is gorgeous.  Football, basketball, baseball; he could care less about the games, as his focus is "off the field".  If you want to find Owen, just look for the prettiest little girls.  They will be next to him.  Guaranteed.


With another young friend from his class, playing some kind of game.  Owen is the life of the party.  It starts when he enters the room.  Standing a full head taller than all of his classmates, our clown prince has the charm to engage everyone around him.  He has such an awesome personality to go with his great looks.


And here is Owen with his big brother 3rd grader Will Parker, whom is not a shortie either, but hard to believe that there is 2.5 years separating them in age.  Owen is as tall or taller than half of WP's 3rd grade classmates.


I love you Owen Michael.  You make me laugh and smile whenever I am with you.  I love your personality.  Since you were 2, I have predicted (as numerous blogs will attest), that you will be 6'5" tall, which is 2" taller than your Uncle Daniel.

However, after now seeing these pictures, I might have to rethink that, as you could very easily end up at 6'8".  And if I can convince you to play baseball, wow, I would love to be your Agent to help you negotiate your $50 million dollar pitching deal for the KC Royals. :-)

I am a blessed man.

No comments:

Post a Comment