Saturday, October 12, 2019

I'm Back!



8 years ago I began blogging for fun, for relaxation, and for building a business audience, as I was writing personal blogs as well as business blogs.  In the middle of '16, after publishing almost 200 personal and 200 business blogs over a 5 year period; I stopped.

Why? Not really sure.

So..., allow me please to provide you with a recap of my life since then.  This will most definitely be a "Reader's Digest" version.

In 2016, we built our home for the Parade of Homes; and moved into it in July.  It was an exhaustive process, as we took a 9-12 month build window, and completed the task in 8.5 months.  I'm still thankful for all the wonderful craftsmen and artisans that allowed me to push them to the brink in order to meet the deadline for the Parade.  That was probably what led to me stop blogging, as my tank was empty.

My Mom had died of cancer the previous August, and Dad was still dealing with a lot of grief.  On a separate note, it's now been 4 years, Dad is doing very well at 89, and just returned last week from a 17 day trip to Spain, Portugal, and Morocco.

I'm rocking along, building a business, getting more involved in our church, accepting a volunteer leadership position with the HBA, and being elected to the Board of Directors for the NAHB.  There was still time left for family and vacations, but my life was too busy.  That was about to change though.

June 5, 2017 started like any other day.  And then ~ I had a stroke.  Talk about turning your world upside down.  I am eternally thankful for my complete healing, and for Pam as she nursed me through multiple nerve-related surgeries, and a recovery that lasted till late November.  Almost 2.5 years later, I'm still dealing with some nerve pain, and do not have the grip strength in my wrists to weight lift like I had previously done, but other than that, have made a complete recovery.  Then...

In July of 2018, Pam contracted C Diff and was within a few days/weeks of dying before the Doctors finally found out what she had, and all the treatments required.  Now it was my turn for over a year to help nurse Pam back to full health.  She too is fully healed now, but almost 1.5 years later, she is still not back to the gym 3-5 days a week like she had been her entire life.  She will make it back, we just don't know how much longer.

Plus, 2018-2019 has been a period of multiple deaths in my circle; losing 2 friends, 2 business associates, and a dear Aunt.  Plus, I've got 2 other friends battling their lives against cancer.  It's been a rough stretch.
 
Also, in July of 2018, we received devastating financial news from one of our daughter's and I'll not cover any of those details.  But, it has been a year of heartache, pain, and healing; which ultimately caused them to move away 2 weeks ago.  We're definitely not over it, but with God's grace, we will be soon.

The picture of me shown above was taken 2 years ago, one day after I turned 60.  Other than being 12 lbs. lighter, I still look the same :-).

Closing out 2019 is chock full of things.  I've got a Board of Directors meeting in NOLA in 2 weeks, then my favorite holiday (Thanksgiving) is just around the corner.  We've got a Christmas week scheduled in Branson with family.  Plus, on Dec. 6th, I'll be installed as the 2020 President for the Tulsa HBA.  And, in January, Pam will be traveling for 2 weeks separate from me, as I'll be in Vegas for another week of Board meetings.

I am a blessed man.  Married now for 42.5 years, with my incredible daughters Jackie (40) and Angela (38) happily married too.  The world's 4 most amazing grandchildren ranging in age from 11 to 14 bless my life daily.  

I love my Lord, my family, and my heritage.  Thank you Jesus for giving me a 2nd chance.

I hope you choose to "Follow Me" on my blogs, as I promise they are fun, and I've got a great one almost finished on Lauren Daigle that will be posted in 1-2 days.

Bye for now! 
   


No comments:

Post a Comment