Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Ava & 'Justice'





Ava and I had a date day last week.  It began with food (how could it not?) at the wild wing place, and it certainly was wild, packed, and the place was on a wait for lunch. The wings weren't bad, but $10 bucks for lunch was on the pricey side, especially for no more wings than were purchased.  I thought maybe these were some super special type of bird, but no, they tasted just like chicken . . .

From there, we made our way to Justice.  I'd never heard of this place, but Ava had.  And of course, as our future Donatello of fashion; why would she not have heard of it?  She is only 7, but she has been picking out her outfits for about 3 years now.  She matches colors, patterns, stripes; pretty amazing really when you study some of her ensems.

At 7, I was wearing high water jeans and a t-shirt.  The same kind of outfit I was wearing when I was 17.  Thankfully, Pam intervened and taught me some things about fashion.  Still to this day though, I can be stuck in a rut with certain styles that I will wear years past expiration. 

Not my little fashionista though, this girl knows how to rock an outfit.  And I do mean rock it.

So, we make it to Justice, and my eyes gloss over.  If you've never been, it's a store aimed at the tweeners with money, and bingo, did their marketing guru's ever hit the bulls eye.  This place too was packed.  And good grief, wow, look at these prices.  Parents didn't care though, they were ringing up sales in the multiple $100's one after the other.  My goal was to get Ava a nice back to school outfit, and keep it to a single $100.  Hard to do in this place.  Especially when you have a precious granddaughter in tow that knows how to work those eyes on her Pappy.

I am a sap.  People that know me know that.  I am a natural giver.  I give, give, give, and give some more.  I am a daughter Daddy, and by gosh, what is it about girls that just pull on my wallet a little more firmly?  I have an exceptionally hard time saying no.  And they know it.  I had to say no to the purple cowgirl boots tho, and it hurt to do so, but I said yes to everything else that she picked out. 

For $94 (thankfully because of 40% off), Ava got a dress, a matching jacket, a hair bow, a head band, matching earrings, and a charm bracelet for herself and her sister.

She was happy, thrilled actually, and that made my day.

Ava wanted to take my picture to end our date, so she snapped this with my new phone.  I thought she took a great picture, and I didn't even have to tell her how to do it.  She understands the symbols on my phone better than I do . . .


I am a blessed man.





No comments:

Post a Comment