Thursday, June 26, 2014

Baseball with Boogie's Boys




Last week, I was able to steal away one evening and take WP and oMike to a Drillers ball game. We had great seats, 7 rows back on the 1st base side, and with no one on either side of us, it made for a perfect 4 innings of baseball not being routinely interrupted by someone walking in front of you.

I say 4 innings, because that was 4 innings past oMike's limit.  He began asking me before we made it to our seats to go to the splash pad, and I knew that if I did, that WP and myself would not see one out of the game.  And, I was correct.

WP was consumed by the game, just like I am.  He looks for the batting averages, for the position, for the pitch count, for the score, the inning, all of the 'numbers' thing that makes baseball so great.  He asked me 100+ questions about the game, though it was probably more.  He loved it, and I did too.

oMike; not so much.  He could have cared less.  It was torture for him to last 4 innings, but being the great boy that he is, he agreed to be on his best behavior for those 4 innings, as I told him that he could play in the splash pad for 4 innings after WP and I watched 4 innings of the game.

Upon venturing into the land of water (curiously blocked off so that adults can not watch the game), the boys loved that aspect of the night all over again.  WP's girlfriend was there too.  Gorgeous little girl; and WP was clueless that this little girl liked him, but he did know the girl from church, and school, so they talked a little. 

I was on the lookout for Casanova to appear at any sec and steal this one away from WP too since he was not giving her a lick of attention; and that is all that this little girl wanted.  She wanted WP to notice her, to compliment her, to play with her.  Poor boy; he's going to be a super slow one in the girls department ~ just like his Pappy was...

Such great memories.  I love my boys.

I am a blessed man.

No comments:

Post a Comment