Friday, September 18, 2015

Cheerleading




My heart is easily stolen.  My wife stole my heart when she was a teenager, my daughters each stole my heart when they were born, as did each of my grandchildren when they were born too.

I am a sap.  I wouldn't want it any other way though, as I love being unashamed to show affection; to shower the loves of my life with hugs and kisses.  It embarrasses them, but not me.  That's what I do, that's how I am; an affection shower.  They tell me it's over the top; yet I can never get enough, so how can it possibly be over the top?

A single case in point; this little spitfire Italian.  Oh my gosh did this little girl light up my life 9 years ago when she was born; and to watch her and all of my grandkids grow up has been the pinnacle of my life.

Ava Corinne, a mini-me twin of her Momma Angela Corinne.  They are both just all kinds of in-your-face gorgeous, sweet, precious, kind, and merciful.  But, not good at math . . ., so we won't go there today.

I love-love-love to watch Ava cheer.  Enjoying cheering started with my other daughter Jackie, and I think? it was 6th grade for her; and she was sure fun to watch ~ especially in high school with her toe touches, herkies, and her pre-cheer routine of 100+ reverse sit ups on my hips when her muscles were so taught you could bounce a coin off off her belly.

But Ava started I think? at age 6, and this year began her 3rd year to cheer for BA.  She also does dance and tumbling.  She showed me her dance routine to music that she created herself; and I'm telling you, it was great.  Very imaginative, and well choreographed.  Plus, her back handspring is really good for just learning it, and she has the strength to eventually be one of those girls you see reeling off 3-4 in a row.

At last Saturday's game (which I didn't watch), as my eyes were glued to Ava.  I was literally 10' away from her on the sidelines, and hoped my presence did not intimidate or bother her.  It didn't, she did incredible.  Always smiling, jumping, yelling, waving her arms, and 'nailing' the cheer routines.

She called my favorite too (at my request).  "1 2 3 4, what do you think these cleats are for? To stomp them, yeah, to stomp them!  1 2 3 4, what do you think these cleats are for? To stomp them, yeah to stomp them!"

I love you Ava Corinne; I am so proud of you!

I am a blessed man.      

No comments:

Post a Comment