Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Personality Type: Squirrel



We went to the Grand Canyon last week for a few days off, and I'd already started the basic outline for this blog.  When I saw this squirrel, my immediate thought was to photo it, as it was my idea of a perfect open for this blog.

As you probably know, according to Psychology Today, over 97% of personality types come primarily from these 4 categories, and broken down with these primary tendencies from the psychology textbook:

Type A: Leader, bossy, competitive, task-obsessed, verbally aggressive, prone to rudeness, impatient, task-driven, goal-oriented, time-manager, administratively organized, perfectionist, easily angered, ambitious, energetic, inflexible, rigid, risk taker, entrepreneurial, hates delays, hates laziness, easily irritated, hates stupidity, few friends, dedicated, punctual, haughty, gregarious, hard charging, intense, governing, politically incorrect speech, loyal, adventurous, dependable, honest, factual, giving, generous, trustworthy, adaptable to change, tends to be anal-retentive.

Type A/B:  Up to 80% of the A characteristics, and up to 20% of the B characteristics.

Type B: Follower, unable to make a decision, easy-going, free-flowing thoughts, care-free, artistic, creative, emotionally volatile, warm, loving, outgoing, friendly, tender-hearted, gullible, lacks trust, prone to rebellion, lives for fun times, flexible, dramatic, theatrical, unorganized, calm, lovable, non-competitive, moody, reflective, caring, sensitive, pet lover, prone to counter-culture, emotional, expressive, indecisive, hates change, hates instability, prone to be selfish, prone to laziness, prone to procrastination, prone to be a do-gooder.  **** And I am adding one more to the textbook of characteristics: Prone to be a squirrel.    

Type B/A:  Up to 80% of the B characteristics, and up to 20% of the A characteristics. 

There is a personality type C, and a type D, but they are so rare that I need not spend time on them.

~

The world is run by type A's.  I wonder which type I am?  Hmm, that's a tough one.

Type A personalities will never be a Type B.  And vice-versa.  You are born that way.  But, even though it might not be my natural characteristic to be fun-loving 24/7/365.25, I can guarantee you that I will love a vacation or weekend off as much as anyone (even if I have to run my vacation with a clipboard, checklist, stop watch, and calendar).

The funniest thing I have seen this year is the post from my daughter Angela when she posted: "My decision making skills rival that of a squirrel crossing the road."

Ever since that post, I smile, sometimes outwardly laugh (frequently gregariously) when I see the indecisiveness of a road-side squirrel trying to decide to start, stop, turn around, or bolt and be squashed under my truck tire.  But no, I do not feel sorry for the squirrel if it made the wrong decision.  That part is reserved for the Type B.


Unfortunately for Type A's, they historically don't live as long as Type B's, being more drawn to alcohol, drugs, and poor diet; which leads to more heart disease, more heart attacks, and shorter lives.  Fortunately for me, I will be one of those rare type A's that is going to live to be 111.

Because . . . I am a blessed man :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment