Monday, June 17, 2013

Bowling w/Paps


 
Recently (I can't remember the exact date), I treated this gang of 4 to an afternoon with Pappy (or Paps) as Ava is fond of saying.  We started the day at Panda Express for lunch, which, I do not think an ounce of food was left on their plates ~ they each love the fast Chinese.
 
We then went bowling.  The top picture shows them all waiting their turn.  WP on the edge of the chair with his leg crossed in the business man's leg cross.  Just exactly like I do; he is so precious.  I got so used to doing it when wearing a suit, that now it is the only way I ever cross my legs.
 
Ava was my little organizer.  She kept things 'rolling', and made sure that each one of us stayed in the proper bowling order.  She did a great job of it.  And you can see my little Spaz right there dressed in her imitation of Nini.  Exactly the same kind of sweaters than Nini wears year round.  Emma was so sweet on me that day; even with the sweater she was cold, but I was her heater.  She would roll her turn, then snuggle up in my lap for more warmth.  I loved it.
 
The scores:  Ava #1 both games; barely.  Caveman #2 both games.  WP #3, and Spaz #4.  Though we had gutter guards up, cave man did not hit the gutter guards one time, and was the one the most determined NOT to need Pappy's help.  Spaz though had the slowest ball.  It clocked in at a blistering 1.2 mph, and stopped on the alley once before hitting the pins.  I didn't know that was possible, but we had to have an attendant walk down the alley to retrieve her stopped ball.  After that episode, we each took turns coaching her to throw it between her legs as hard as possible; which I think boosted her speed to 1.8 mph on the foul line radar gun, but it was enough to make it to the pins . . .
 
The afternoon ended with them each inhaling multiple donuts and drinks at QT.  A perfect ending to a day with Paps.
 
I am so blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment