Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day


 
 
I am a blessed and happy man.  On Father's Day yesterday, my Mom & Dad were able to drive down, and this pic is Dad in the kitchen with me after I'd brought in the ribs from the smoker.  Dad devours my ribs, and yesterday was no exception.  He was the official taste tester, and deemed them worthy of consumption; and consumed they were (all 3 slabs) by all in attendance.
 
The other pic is of my baby girl Angela, a mere 32, and quite the stunner.  Both of my daughters are gorgeous, taking after their mom's breathtakingly beautiful good looks.  My older daughter Jackie was here too, but she escaped pictures.  As did the grandsons, and the granddaughters, and my Mom, and my wife, and my sons in laws.  Between fireworks (Pappy's treat), the US Open golf, the swimming, the sudden monsoon that dumped 2" of rain in an hour; it was a festive and busy Father's Day, and I cherished every bit of it.  
 
And I love it when I clean up on gifts too :-).  Pam treated me to artery clogging Chicken Fried Steak with a side of Barnes&Noble gift card the night before.  Thank you very much.  Angela & company will be sending me to several Cinemark movies courtesy of my favorite movie gift card.  Another Thank you very much.  And Jackie & company made sure that my iTunes account stays fully replenished with her gift card to me.  And one more Thank you very much.
 
I love my family, our love, our unity, that we all live close enough to each other; and that they wanted to spend the day with me and Nini.  It is after all Nini's house; I have absolutely nothing to do with it.
 
It was a Happy Father's Day for me.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment