Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Ava Corinne & Emma Jo



The ceiling was illuminated with an array of stars, and a single crescent moon.  Ava proudly showed me the 'big dipper', which I could not make out, but if she says that was what is was, then it's fine with me.  She's got me pretty much right where she wants me . . .

Our foreheads touched as she was holding me, and I was holding her.  She commented on the smell of peppermint on my breath from having just brushed my teeth.  I smiled and told her thank you.  I did not tell her that I detected garlic from yesterday on her breath; but she's a Franco, she has garlic in her veins!

I prayed audibly for her and her family as we drifted off to sleep.  After the prayer, she softly kissed my lips, and said "I love you Pappy", and then she reached for and took my hand, turned over, and nestled into my bosom for a night of sleep.  My heart was melting.

It was the first time that Ava wanted to sleep in my bed with me.

She has had many sleepovers at our home, but never in my bed.  I have a bad reputation (deservedly so) for being a bad sleeper.  Loved ones have told me for decades that I snore, kick, snort, hit, thrust, fling, argue, yell, tumble and flop; and that is on a good night.

Ava decided to brave the sheets with me, never thinking that she would last the whole night . . ., but she did!

~

We started our sleepover though several hours earlier at the KFC buffet in Jenks.  Pam and I don't eat their anymore because of the massive amounts of MSG that is used (Pam was smart and brought in a large salad from McAlister's), but since the girls requested this place, we went.  I decided to enjoy the meal, and deal with the health repercussions later (which I did the next day with a massive MSG headache).

12 pieces of chicken later for me, and 4 pieces later for Ava, we headed out for dessert.  Each of the girls made multiple trips for veggies and biscuits.  But, yes, they still had 'holes' in their belly to fill when I was ready to be wheeled out on a 2 wheel dolly.

Emma Jo downed an entire Braum's strawberry ice cream cone, and Ava polished off a hot fudge sundae like she'd not even eaten dinner.  Yes, these girls are both big eaters.  That comes from the Fournier side of the family.


These pictures were snapped the next day at lunch at Taco Bueno.  I don't remember much other than I loved how Ava wanted to hold me for the picture, and how I had to hold my sweet little Spaz as she was fueled and rarin' to go, no time to sit still for a pic.  You can almost tell it's a quick lean in, as her feet where running in place while sitting looking for a solid surface to land on.  She has the energy of Nini.

I love my girls.  Such a fun sleepover. 

I am a blessed man.

No comments:

Post a Comment