Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Spiderboy?


In '98, Pam and I were walking out of the brand-new AMC 20, having just watched The Mask of Zorro, which was the 1st movie we saw in this new state of the art theatre.  We might have been there on the 1st day that the theatre opened, but if it was not day one, it was week one.  The Managers were still coming into the auditorium before every movie to thank patrons for coming to their new venue.

As we headed to our car, we saw a grandpa with his grandson, and the grandson (age 5?) was wearing a Zorro costume, complete with sword.

Pam and I both smiled, and got a big kick out of it.  We both commented about how special the grandpa must feel.  Since that day, I yearned for an opportunity to one day share a similar time with one of my future grandchildren.

Fast forward 16 years.

This past weekend, that 'dream' came true for me.  I was able to go with o'Mike to see Spiderman with his Dad, and I loved being a part of it.  He wore this costume to the movie, but did remove his mask.

With popcorn and pop in tow, we made our way to the seats. 

Within minutes I was smiling ear to ear as I was listening to Owen giggle, then cackle, then belly laugh as he watched Spiderman swing from web to web in the very first few minutes of the movie.

With trailers, the movie was 2.5 hours long, and Owen was awesome.  He squirmed in his seat just like I did, and I got to hold him once.  I missed a lot of the movie though as I was too busy rubbing his legs, his hair, kissing his head, and just watching him from the side totally enthralled by this movie.  It was time I will never forget.

I love you Owen Michael, thank you for the invite!

And now, for the rest of the summer, we may have dates to see:

Godzilla 23
X-Men 9
Transformers 8

And those are just the ones I remember from the trailers . . .

I am a blessed man.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment