Monday, May 26, 2014

They Steal / Melt My Heart

We grill out a lot. I love the taste of blood and smoke. Goes back to my cave man days. Lowe's was selling Charcoal 1/2 price this weekend, so we stocked up for the summer/fall/winter; should be enough to last us till their next 1/2 price charcoal sale!

The kids came over yesterday for Pappy's smoked meats, as grilled steak Fajita's were on the menu.  Steven brought over the 15' tall inflatable water slide, and they played in it for hours. In this picture, Emma Jo (Spaz) pretty much lept into my arms to give me a hug bye at the end of the day.

Ava Corinne (Monster) was rockin' her new one piece bathing suit all day, and was tearing up the road with her new bike. She got so good so fast.

After the initial photo, Spaz wanted another one, so she made her heart. Very appropriate, as I don't know which ones steal my heart, and which ones melt my heart.  I think they all do both.  It was pure joy to be surrounded by them all day.  I had two missions yesterday; Fajita's and enjoying the kiddo's.  My mission today is recovery as my legs are not yet operational due to kicking balls in the air as high as I could for 1-1.5 hours for the kids to catch. 

The only 'boy' shot available; the others made themselves unavailable when the camera phones came out.  This is Owen (o'Mike) with Emma Jo.  They are inseparable each time they are together, and are such good friends.  Their personalities are complete opposite, and they mesh so well as friends.  Spaz is 2 years older, but that means nothing, as o'Mike thinks they are the same age and calls Emma the baby because she is the smallest.
 
The other 3 boys were off kicking more balls themselves (as we had just completed 4 rounds of kick ball competition), but they wanted even more kick ball than Pappy could last.  
 
Ava won Round 1, Will won Round 2, Jack won Round 3, and Alex (the neighbor boy across the street won Round 4).  Missing from most of the kick ball action were these two; as they participated some, but mainly were off doing their own things together.
 
It was great fun yesterday; more cherished memories to store in my brain.
 
I am a blessed man.

No comments:

Post a Comment