Saturday, October 3, 2015

Hula Hoops?


Emma Jo, (my youngest g'daughter) was using one of these not to long ago, and she kept it going for ages.  It was amazing to watch.

My wife used to be able to that as well (and probably still can if she wanted to).  I can still remember from 40 years ago watching her do the hoop, and being astonished that anyone could keep it up that long.

Me?  I was lucky to get it to swirl twice.  Seriously, I never could do it.  But, I never could roller skate either, or ice skate, or snap the fingers on my left hand, or whistle.  There, I said it!  I have no idea if any of this ties into my lack or coordination; but I definitely fall short in that category.

Q: And whom do we have to thank for the rebirth of the Hula Hoop?  A: Barnes & Noble of course; as the new leading marketer of nostalgia.  Now called the GloGlitterRing, and selling for $6.

And no, to answer your question, I did NOT buy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment