Friday, August 30, 2013

Ava's Baptism: What Do You Believe?


As an ordained Pastor, I am able to officiate weddings (4), funerals (0), and baptisms (1).

A few weeks ago, we went to my sister in law's home to borrow her pool for Ava's baptism.  Ava's church does not have a baptisty, and she did not want to go through the impersonal church baptism service usually held at the Y.  So, we decided to make it a very special event, and invited all of her family for an evening of food and to surround the pool for her baptism.

It was my pleasure, and my distinct honor to baptize my oldest granddaughter as her public profession of faith with Jesus as her Lord and Savior.  It was a special time.  I will never forget; nor do I think Ava will either.

I look forward to the honor one day of baptizing all the rest of my grandchildren.  And then, a few quick blinks of life after that; to one day marrying each one of them to mates that probably will not initially meet my standards of approval.

Though I have said it many times, it is still the truth: I truly am a blessed man.

 
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment