Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Grande Propina

"Give, and it shall be given unto you . . ."

I love that promise.

On Monday, my doors were blown off by a sweet older lady, who is about to lose her husband of many decades to kidney failure, and will become a widow.  They are as prepared as you can be, but it has still been a very emotional project knowing what is in store.

We had just finished the large project at her home; as she wanted us to have it completed before her husband passed, and she was so appreciative of the work, that she tipped everyone of the workers. The project had been a dream of theirs for many decades, and they procrastinated until finding us.

When we finished, they were both elated.

Then . . . she tipped me $2,000!

Wow.  Now that is what I call a Grande Propina!  I called to thank her and tell her it was too much, and that she certainly didn't have to do it.  (I did not know about the tip until I took the check out of my wallet when I got to the next appointment), and she was so sweet.  She said "I just knew inside I was supposed to do something special for you."

Thank you Jesus.  I am a blessed man!

~

And with this un-expected financial blessing, the $2,000 tip will be added to our 'cash for a new C7 Corvette savings fund'.  Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment