Thursday, August 29, 2013

Morning's

I am a morning person.

On busy days, when some would call it insomnia, I awake well before 4a, and am wide awake, not just a little bit ~ but full blown awake. 

On normal days, my days usually always start by 5 or 5:30, and all without an alarm clock.  My body clock is well-tuned, as I don't wear a watch, but always know (within 10 minutes) what time it is.  Day or night, I can guess the time.  Even when I am sleeping, I can wake up to use the bathroom, and not be more than 15 minutes off from guessing what time it is.

Mornings for me are the only peaceful time of day there is.  I frequently have my daily devotion early in the morning, and/or listen to downloaded sermons.  I download new music, write in my journal, dream about the day, my family, what's coming up for everyone.  There is not much time in my life just for me, but mornings are my time.

The only thing I can't get in the habit of doing in the mornings is exercise.  I do that in the afternoons (not nearly as often as I want to though), but wow, how I wish I could start that morning habit, as it would be so much better for my schedule.

I enjoy being on the road some mornings at 6 or 6:30 and seeing peeps in their cars; wondering, are they a worker bee, or are they the head cheese?  Last week, I was headed back from a 6a appointment that I had in Owasso, and it was right about 6:30 that next to me at the red light (my truck does not know what a green light looks like) was a woman I caught in the act of farding. 

Most unfortunately though (as if farding while driving is not unsafe enough), in her back seat were two young school age children either on their way to day-care, or some form of pre-school child care.  That sure seems early for young children to be forced into a morning person role.  I do it naturally.  I wonder about them? 

I love stopping it a QT early morning.  WOW!  What a bee hive of activity those are in the early morning hours.  Hard to find a stall for gas.  Even harder though to wedge myself to the 'zero calorie' iced tea station, as I have to split the slabs of beef that are standing 24 deep next to the QT starbucks machines filling their 10,000 calorie 64 oz. coffee jugs to start their morning. 

And forget about going down the donut aisle in one of these stores early in the morning.  These slim jim's and dainty debbie's will sooner cut off your hand that allow you to extend your arms sideways while trying to walk through that throng.  Don't worry thunder thighs, I'm not going for that freshly made triple filled jelly donut; it's all yours, I know you're working on that 2nd set of butt cheeks, so that pair in your bag ought to help you out . . .

Are you a morning person too?  My wife is a night owl, usually in bed 11p to 1a, which on most nights by midnight, my night is already half over and hers is just getting started.  Yes, we are opposites in almost everything.

So, for those of you keeping track of my blogs.  It's now a little past 3:30a on my favorite day of the week, and at my favorite time to day!

I'm going to make it a great one . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment