Friday, August 16, 2013

Pappy "300"

I promised not another bowling blog unless something exciting happened.  Well, it has . . ., at least for me!

For those of you that don't know; 12 strikes in a row in the same game is called a 300, a perfect game.

But, if someone (me) ends the first game with 4 strikes in a row, and that same someone (me) starts the next game with 8 strikes in a row, it is not called a 300.  It is simply called 12 strikes in a row.

So, for the first time in my life, I bowled 12 strikes in a row, and for my own sense of pride, I have decided to name it a Pappy 300.  :-)

Also, for the first time in my life, I rolled a 255 (my previous best was 234, and that was done 34 years ago!)

And, for the first time in my life, I rolled a 605 series, and I have never been in the 600's before.

I told you that I'd not bowled in 34 years, and joined the geezer league, and started the season with a 165 average, with a goal of having a 180 average by the end of the season.

Well, over the last 5 weeks, my average is 190.  Oh la la, I love my new ball.  Yes, I kept my Dad's ball for sentimental reasons, but bought a new Storm 7 weeks ago, and can say that I have figured out how to use it!

That's it.  You can go back to your normal Friday now.

I was just too excited not to share it with someone, even if no one cares . . . :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment