Monday, November 10, 2014

Comfort Food

My favorite comfort foods:

Nini's fried chicken, mashed potato's (sans gravy), corn.

Nini's chicken fried steak, mashed potato's, cream gravy, green beans.

Nini's Meat loaf, mashed potato's (sans gravy), carrots.

Pappy's spaghetti and meatballs with Bolognese sauce.

Pappy's fully loaded 3/4lb. double cheeseburger, with home made French fries.

Pappy's homemade cold cut combo hoagie sandwich, with Frito's.

Pappy's slab of smoked pork ribs, with baked beans.

Pappy's Hasty-Bake grilled steak (Filet or Ribeye), with Asparagus, and salad.

Supreme thin-crust pizza.

And soups of almost any kind.  My favorites are chili con carne, ham and beans with cornbread, potato soup, zuppa Toscana, meaty stew, and pasta Fazoli.  It doesn't have to be cold outside, I will readily eat hearty soups any day of the year.

My problem with comfort food is eating within my limits.  I know my limits, I just usually eat well past them; especially with fried chicken, chicken fried steak, pizza, soups, meatballs, ribs; oh heck, I eat well past my limits on almost everything.  Especially comfort food.

Why is comfort food called comfort food?  It sure does make me uncomfortable over-eating it.  It makes my waist line expand.  It makes my cholesterol go up.

I enjoy cooking.  I love food. 

I especially love comfort food! 

And today's delicious lunch:





  

No comments:

Post a Comment