Monday, November 24, 2014

Thanksgiving School Lunch



Last week, both Nini and myself were able to go to the girls school for the annual Thanksgiving lunch.  We were both surprised by what was lacking . . .

There was no turkey; instead it was creamed chicken.
There was no dressing; instead it was mashed potato's.
There was no cranberry anything; instead it was a package of raw baby carrots.

But, we were there for the company instead.  Getting to enjoy 50 minutes of 1 on 1 time with each of the girls separately was very enjoyable.  They told us all about their teachers, their school subjects, and their fellow students.

Both of them told me that "Centers" was their favorite subject.  Centers is something that apparently changes; as it can be art, or music, or drama. 

And that makes complete sense for these two, as they are both filled to the brim with drama (I think they already won 4 Emmy's and 5 Golden Globes between the two of them), and they definitely love the art and music too.

The teachers were all very nice, and young; age range was 22-26.  (I saw none of the old school battle ax's that I remember from my days of grade school).

I love these girls.  I love their smiles, their warmth, and the love that they are not afraid to show.  I know that all too soon it won't be cool anymore to bring their Nini and Pappy to lunch with them; but until that segue happens, I am going to be "Lovin' every minute of it Jerry!"

See you soon girls for Thanksgiving at Paps. 

I love you!





No comments:

Post a Comment