Saturday, November 1, 2014

Why I am 6xPappy



These incredible 6 are the reason my blog is called 6x Pappy.  I don't know if I am exactly right on their ages in ( ), but I do know after Ava's birthday in Feb., their ages will be 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

From Left:

Emma Jo (6.33), in the wind-chill near freezing temps last night, she threw in the bucket early.

Ava Corinne (8.75), she lasted quite a while, but she was the next to go.  I think she only had 2 buckets full of the sweet stuff.

Jack Arthur (7), he just radioed in to the tow truck operator that he is about to call it a night. He filled four of his six 55 gallon drums with candy, and they were ready for pickup.  We all agreed that 6 drums was a lofty goal, but 4 full drums should at least last him the week. 

Owen Michael (5.25), was of course the boldest of the night.  A few quips that were passed along were "Trick or Treat lady, now give me the candy!", and "Trick or Treat, I'm thirsty, can I have a drink please?" (yes, the wife provided Owen with the drink he needed).

Jared Henry (10), won the award for most disgusting outfit of the night, in a HazMat suit, that appears to be complimented by raw fecal material from the neighborhood dogs. 

Special note about Jared Henry, as I don't blog about him too often, but I got to see him play goalie on his soccer team last week, and he did great.  His team won that game 5-1, and he successfully defended all but 1 of 17 shots on goal from his position.  The one he missed was literally within whisker length of his fingertips, and he was completely horizontally stretched out in the air diving for it.  It would have made for a good camera photo.

His team had been taught how to play good defense too.  He always had 1 or 2 helpers in the box angling for steals; which was something the other team had not been taught, and was another reason his team won 5-1.

And, as you can see from this picture, he will be the tallest of the three.  At 10, and already standing 5' tall, my earlier prediction of 6'4" is officially adjusted to 6'5".  I'm going to stay with Owen at 6'4" because of his height reality too, and that is at age 5, he is taller than all 6 year olds, and as tall as some of the shorter 7 year olds, and Will to top out at 6'2".  Write it down, take it to the bank.  These are going to be some tall white boys.

Will Parker (8), is our current football star.  His teammates made it to the playoffs with only minimal contusions, I think one broken bone or sprain?, and thankfully no concussions; as this was the first year that LCS made the bone-headed decision that 2nd graders should be taught and practice the violence of tackle football. Idiotic.

Will's original costume was Mario, to be opposite Owen's Luigi, but football rules, so he made a quick costume change after the initial photo.

~

I love these 6 with all of my heart!  I am truly a blessed man!

No comments:

Post a Comment