Friday, June 26, 2015

Breakfast: Mike Fournier Tulsa




My weekday breakfasts of a morning are either at McDonald's or QT.  Sometimes as early as 6:30, and rarely later than 8:30. 

On a recent weekday morning, I pulled into the local McD and barely found a parking spot, and thought wow, this place is really busy today.  Walking in, I expected to see lines 3 deep at each register.  Instead, what I saw was every single table and chair occupied by Septagarians and Octagarians, and Nintyagarians, and no place left for an almost 60agarian to sit and eat.  So, I stood, and watched while I chewed.

I observed that over 90% of the patrons were no longer eating, and didn't appear to have been eating for quite some time, as mold was already growing on some of the cheese droppings.  Most of them too were on their 8th or 9th cup of Free senior coffee, and probably had finished eating about 3 hours earlier.

What in the heck can people talk about day after day for hour after hour at the same time and place every day?  My gosh that would get boring after the 1st day to me.  But . . . I am NOT much of a talker.  I talk enough, and when I need to, but I have never been accused of being overly friendly, overly gregarious, or someone with diarrhea of the mouth.

I am more of the strong silent type.  I talk when I need to, and when I do, I usually have a very strong opinion about a particular subject, and I am the one that is right.  (Black or white, yes or no, not much gray in my life).  So, when I say strong, I mean in that my opinions are strong.  I'm right, and most of the time if you don't agree with me, you are the one that is wrong.  And if you don't agree with me, I don't give a rip, because you're the moron, not me.  Know the type?  Yep, I bet you do Mr. Free Refill.

Maybe I will try the new Taco Bell breakfast tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment