Saturday, June 6, 2015

Grand girls



There is nothing quite like being hugged and kissed by your granddaughters.  I must say that it gives me a special kind of goosebump.

As I have blogged before about me being a daughter Daddy, and have stated on numerous occasions the overwhelming blessing it has been to be Pappy to Ava, Emma, Will, Owen, Jared, and Jack; there is nothing quite like a granddaughters love.  It reminds me of a daughters love.  I never had sons, but I know from my grandsons, that the love is equal but different.

How can that be?  Well, let me explain it with a liquid analogy.  Iced Tea and Pepsi are no two favorite drinks.  Fill either one to the top with ice, and I will enjoy each one of them equally the same; as I do not have a preference of one over the other.

Let me have some time to do something special with my boys.  Let me have some time to do something special with my girls.  No different.  I will enjoy and cherish each minute with each of them.

The 'only' difference is affection.  I am a kisser, a hugger, a squeezer, a rub-ber.  I love to kiss, rub, hug, hold, squeeze; I can never get enough.  I can never be satiated.  My need for their affection will always be insatiable.  Always.  I am the same with my daughters, and my wife.  It is just me.

The boys however do not enjoy receiving nearly as much affection as I enjoy giving.  Owen loves it the most.  And for my granddaughter's, they both accept it, they both love it, but one of them (Emma) definitely has a preference of it more so than Ava.  It is just their makeup.  And I accept that.

One night at Braum's, Ava slides up next to me and gives me one of the greatest hugs that this Pappy has ever known.  I am glad that her Mom got it on camera.  It meant the world to me.  Not on camera was the smooch on my cheek that was followed by her hug.  Unprompted, unscripted, total love.

I am putty in their hands.  (And they know it).  But . . ., I wouldn't want it Any. Other. Way.

I love you girls.

I am such a blessed man.

No comments:

Post a Comment