Saturday, June 20, 2015

Franco Bling



I absolutely love spending 1 on 1 time with each of my grandchildren.  Last Saturday was about 7 hours of non-stop Franco girl loving.

We began our day with lunch at Olive Garden; one of their favorite restaurants.  We then made a trip to get a truck wash for Pappy's truck, which was good for 5 hours, as the next round of Monsoons rolled in that evening.  Then, the stopover at one of the ubiquitous local QT's for snack time.  They each had a twister (like a DQ Blizzard).  Special note: you would NEVER know this about me unless I disclosed it, but I was such a skinny young boy that I used to be able to double cross my legs just like Emma is doing in this pic.

Shortly after QT, it was time for Bling shopping.  Fortunately, Bling to them still consists of the $2 jewelry stores.  I'm not sure what this here Pappy will do when they want me to take them shopping at the $2,000 jewelry stores . . ., I gotta be thinking about a Plan B for that one . . ., or be Trumping it by then (can you believe he has a 'net' worth of $9 billion ~ wow!?)

But, they were so darling perusing the aisles for their jewelry purchases.  There were 3 rules: 1) It must be something that Mom would allow them to wear.  2) It must be something that won't be broken by the time I get them re-strapped into their seats in my truck.  And 3) It must be something that they 'need', which had a very loose interpretation.

They looked so diligently, and I loved watching them just be girls.  Holding things up, pretending to wear it, looking in the mirror, and finally "Do you like this Pappy?"  If they like it, who am I to disagree!?  Of course darling, it looks spectacular on you.

My favorite item that Ava purchased was a white head band with a bling accent in the middle.  My favorite item that Emma purchased was a turquoise bracelet.

From there, we went back to Nini's house, and they grazed from their food shelves for snacks (yes, we have special areas reserved just for grandchildren 'food').  And then we watched Ice Age 2, which I found to be quite entertaining, and very funny in several parts.  The girls roared as loud as I did during some of the squirrel bits, and the requested rewind to watch it again ~ which of course I obliged.  (I particularly enjoyed having Emma Jo snuggle next to me for well over 80% of the movie!)

The day started with food, so of course it had to end with food too, and as you can tell, there was plenty of food in between as well.  Their parents had arrived for pick up, but these girls were starving of course, so we went to The Brook, and ate a belly full of great tasting food which was absolutely horrific for our bodies.  Why is that the case?  It seems that the bad food should taste bad, and the good food should taste good; not the other way around!

I love you Ava Corinne!  I love you Emma Jo!  You Made My Day!

I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment