Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Hands



A few years ago I blogged about WP (Jackie's son) having 5th generation ears dating back to my Grandpa.  They could obviously be older than 5th generation, but all the prior descendants are deceased.

Well, descending from Angela (my other daughter), this is a picture of my hand with one of Emma Jo's on top.  They are 4th generation hands.  Starting with my Dad, then me, then Aunt Jackie (yep, they skipped Angela her mom), and now Emma Jo.  This is accentuated by a freaky occurrence on the DNA tree with heads too at the same time!  My Dad has a small peanut head, then me, then Aunt Jackie (once again skipping Angela), and now Emma Jo too has the 4th generation peanut head.

Her hands and head could be older than 4th generation, but my Dad was taken in by the Catholic church as an abandoned orphan during the Great Depression, and we have no idea who his family was, though we tried to find out from his adoption papers later in life.  Which means of course, we have no idea about genealogy past my Dad for even older peanut heads and hands.

The shared hands characteristics are unmistakable.  Same shape, slender, nail beds, knuckles; all shared to the finest detail.  I love to see the DNA soup work it's magic like this.

And to think the world is still full of idiots that don't believe in God.

I love you Emma Jo, every part of you (not just your hands) :-) !

No comments:

Post a Comment